About Friends of Piper’s Orchard
Friends of Piper’s Orchard is a group of neighbors, near and far, who love the Piper’s Orchard in Carkeek Park in Seattle, Washington. We work together with the help of Seattle Parks and the Carkeek Park Advisory Committee. This Friends of Piper’s Orchard web site is intended to foster community support for the Piper’s Orchard in Carkeek Park, sharing and preserving information about the orchard for its betterment.
Who might find this website useful?
- People who walk by the orchard and wonder about its past and present.
- Home orchardists, both local to the orchard and others, who are interested in growing fruit in their own yards.
- Those who volunteer in or otherwise care for the orchard, including Seattle Parks employees.
- People who have skills, whether book learned or down and dirty, and want to share.
What kinds of information does or will the website contain?
- A description of the blog and its intended audience ( this About page )
- Information about the history of Piper’s Orchard, including links to other historically relevant pages, e.g. those found on Wikipedia.
- Events schedule including work party information and Harvest Festival.
- Work party and other orchard log reports tha may include observations about particular trees, pest control efforts, or the entire orchard, weather, critter infestation, etc., organized in such a way as to be useful over time.
Introduce yourself to the work party and/or meeting mailing list, or provide feedback to this website via firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Seattle Parks at Carkeek: 206-684-0877 or email: email@example.com