6th annual festival was a great success, with about 275 attendees, tasty fresh-pressed cider, 11 terrific pies in the pie contest, tasty pies and cider available from Tillie’s Cafe, music by Blue Star Creeper, kids crafts, informative booths, a trip to Piper’s Orchard, wonderful weather, and electricity – which greatly facilitated the interesting presentations in the Carkeek Park Environmental Learning Center.
We thank all the volunteers who helped make the festival a success (including Boy Scouts, Campfire and Hillel), the Holman Road QFC that provided us with a generous gift card to purchase supplies, Swansons Nursery that provided a $50 gift card for the winning pie, Starbucks for tasty coffee, and Seattle Parks and Recreation for providing staffing and facilities in support of the festival.
Following are photos from the festival.
Particular thanks go out to:
- Presenters Tim Smith and Kathy Mendelson
- Tillie’s Cafe lead Fran Clifton with kitchen support Robert and Judy
- Pie Contest lead Jenn Dunlap, and judges Lori Brakken, Jon Rowley, Bob Norton
- Cider presser Will Murray
- Music lead Will Morgan
- Artist in residence Dave Francis
- Apple health and harvest coordinator Don Ricks
- Set-up lead Ingela Wanerstrand
- Master of ceremonies Bob Baines
- Seattle Parks and Recreation staff and volunteer coordinator Brian Gay – Mr Signage